Tuesday 14 September 2010

The first post...

Hello and welcome to my blog, I have decided to create one as I love to share all the wonderful adventures get up to with my amazing horse Tiger. I also won a years scholarship the beginning of this year with the 'South East Arabian Horse Group' which included a blog on their website and I have enjoyed writing it so much and telling everyone about my experiences I though why not carry it on!
So it's September 14th 2010, it's been a great year full of highs and lows and my showing season is finally coming to an end I have one more show left and it's this weekend! I feel sad that another great season is coming to an end but I am also relieved as for me the end of the showing season means having some fun ie. cross country, show jumping hopefully beach rides and if we are lucky some last minute hunting before the winter sets in!
This week is a busy one for me, unfortunately Tiger hurt his leg a few weeks ago and had to have some time off although we have been given the all clear from the vets for the British Amateur Home Produced Arabian Championships & The British Arabian Championships; so this week is rather busy getting him back into work and ironing out any problems before we set off for Bromyard! This show is an exciting one from us although not on the competition side! We have recently bought our first lorry, it's nothing spectacular but I adore it and it will be our first trip in it, lets hope Tiger likes it no trailer traveling for us any more! Although our lorry is lacking the living at the mo so we will have to make do with the camping stove one more time ha ha! I am very excited probably more about going in the lorry than the actual show haha although I am slightly disappointed as I will be missing a day of college and unlike alot of people I absolutely adore it haha but needs must and for the last show of the season I think I will get over it haha!
We also have a new addition- WOODY a 6 month old miniature shetland colt (a very noisy one at that haha) He is Tiger's new friend. We felt Tiger was getting quite stressed living on his own and we felt he deserved a friend especially over the winter which must get lonely for him with no shows and some days being kept in, unfortunately for Tiger Woody is being a typical shetland and refusing to go in the field with him despite lots of pushing haha so he will have to make do for a while with him being the other side of the fence, well I don't blame Woody Tiger is a long way up from what he's used to!
Any way I will wrap my first entry up and get back to doing some work, I will update you all before the show at the weekend and let you all know how Tiger's going, how I'm feeling and whether my browband has been delivered yet haha!!!
If you want to have a read of my other blog for the time being here is a link- http://seahg.co.uk/info/scholarship/2010/jessicaamess.html
I hope you all enjoy reading about mine and Tiger's adventures

Jess xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your blog Jess, you and tiger are an insperation to all x

    ReplyDelete